- Sony and Namco Bandai are taking their relationship to the next level and forming a new company in order to create games for PlayStation 3, PCs, and mobile phones. The venture, called Cellius, will be creating content designed around the Cell processor, which powers the PS3.
According to Games Industry, the two companies will have joint custody of Cellius, with Namco Bandai owning 51 percent of the venture and Sony owning the remaining 49 percent. Namco Bandai has already provided some of Sony's strongest franchises, including Ridge Racer, Tekken, and Ace Combat. Ridge Racer 7 and Mobile Suit Gundum were the best-selling PS3 launch titles in Japan.
Sony's attempts to spread itself out over PCs and mobile phones may be evidence that it is trying to compete with Microsoft and Apple in cross-platform digital entertainment..
bottomline ppl expecting tekken 6 to come for 360 can soon start forgetting it.
We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in.